In this talk I present a theoretical study of calculating sub-Doppler forces for 137 Ba ions. The D1 transition line is employed for cooling line. Two cooling schemes are used: (i) Fg=1 - Fe=2 and Fg=2 - Fe=1 and (ii) Fg=1 - Fe=2 and Fg=2 - Fe=2 of D1 transition line. In each transition line two counterpropagating laser beams with an opposite circular polarization are illuminated on a Ba ion moving at velocity v in the presence of an external magnetic field. I will discuss how to solve the density matrix equations and discuss the behavior of the calculated forces for two schemes.
* 1997.2. Ph. D, Department of Physics, Seoul National University
* Post-Doctorate, University of Electro-Communications, Japan, 1997.12 - 1999. 10
* Research Associate, Center for Near-field Atom Photon Technology, Seoul National University, 1999.10~2003.2
* 2003.2 - 2007.3 : Assistant Professor at Department of Physics, Chonnam National University
* 2007.4 - 2012.3 : Associate Professor at Department of Physics, Chonnam National University
* 2012.4 - present : Professor at Department of Physics, Chonnam National University